Monday, November 17, 2008

journal entry- my bbq experience


With boxing matches, pants less closes, and sprayer wars, McDonalds is a very entertaining place to work. What I have learned from working there for two years is that you can get paid for socializing. (and doing a some occasional work) I've got quite a few interesing stories from the past two years of service there, but I'll focus on last Tuesday. At the beginning of my shift, I took a few orders. Then I sat in the office and talked while eaing leftover Halloween candy the store had handed out. After that I learned how to make a funnel cake... take a pancake, fry it put on sugar, whipped cream, and chocolate topping, and enjoy! We've come up with several tasty concoctions that don't appear on the menu. Another lesson I learned that evening is people tend to react negatively when you pour barbeque sauce on their head. They may react by head-butting you and getting bbq all over your shirt. Ahh, the memories. Most people are repulsed by the idea of working at McDonalds, but it's really not that bad.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Working at McDonalds sure sounds like fun to me. It would be interesting to see some of the other foods you have come up with. The funnel cake sounds like something that would taste great. Maybe they should consider putting it on the regular menu.