Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My War

When I was in 8th grade, my soccer team was in the final game of the maysa Cup tournament. We had worked our way up through the bracket that weekend, and the next couple hours would decide who got the golden first place trophies and who world cry as they held their little silver tropgies. It was a bruttle game. Both teams were increadibly even as far as skill level went, and we were back and forth and all over the field. The parents were going crazy; the ref. had to go over and threaten to send them to the parking lot if they couldn't cool off. One rough point of the game was when Emily was knocked out of bounds and broke her arm- a sacrifice. At the end it was still a tie, so we ended with a shoot-out. After four out of the five people shot, it was still tied. Then their player missed and opened up an opportunity for us. Our player kicked, but the kick was weak and their goalie took a step forward to pick up the ball. This was an illegal move since the goalie can only move side to side, so our player got a second shot, made it, and we won!

2 comments:

Ky-Ky Bebeh said...

Short Post!

But it still reminded me of a time of my own when I first started playing soccer.

I was in the first grade I think, and we had to play against the second grade for some lame reason. In the end, basically, we got our arses handed to us.

But, I did make one glorious save as the goalie. The second grader came charging at me, dribbling the ball down the field. Finally, he sent it flying with a kick that was unhumanly powerful. The blur of white and black nailed me in the face, and I had to sit out for the rest of the game.

Oh, well.

At least I blocked the shot? D:

Nicole H. said...

Hey Chicka,
I love quick reads/post!!! =}

That sounds supper intense though, it would have been a fun game to watch and I would have been with the parents getting yelled at for being to roudy. It would have been fun.

It is too bad that Emily actually broke her arm and I don't really agree that it was a sacrific. I don't think that at that age people should be making that kind of a sacrific.

But that's your opinion and this is mine. =}

Peace out!